Important Dates for the 2018 Fair
- Friday, December 1, 2017 — Certification deadline.
- Certification of all projects that fall under ISEF certification rules.
Note that the Form 1C is not required for certification. ISEF forms must be submitted by this date for any project
that involves hazardous equipment or materials, vertebrate animals, human subjects, biological microorganisms of any kind,
or recombinant DNA.
- Some schools have been authorized for local SRCs. Please note that there is an EXCEPTION to the local SRC process.
We require that projects involving vertebrate animals
be approved by the NJRSF SRC (not just the local SRC, if one exists) before the work is begun.
If your project falls under this rule, you must request an SRC review, since
the existence of your local SRC will prevent it from being triggered automatically.
- Monday, February 5, 2018 — Entry deadline. Phase I judging begins.
- All students involved in individual or team projects must have their projects registered on the
website and all NJRSF and ISEF forms (except ISEF Form 1C) submitted electronically by this date.
Once you have completed the project registration,
you should access your Entry Status screen (on the Students dropdown on the navbar) to view instructions
for completing your entry, including advisor certification, category certification, electronic form submission,
electronic form signatures, and payment of non‑refundable submission fees.
- Your NJRSF Research Plan Form must be submitted by this date for your project to be included in the Phase I Judging.
Entries with incomplete or missing Research Plans will be automatically withdrawn from the Fair. We recommend you submit
a preliminary abstract by the registration deadline if you want the information considered in the Phase I Judging. However,
the abstract is not required at this time.
- Monday, Feb 19, 2018 — Final SRC clearance date. Phase I judging results announced.
- Any issues with your submitted ISEF forms must be cleared by this date.
- If applicable to your project, Form 1C must be submitted by this date
if you were unable to submit it with your other forms due in December or February.
- Friday, March 2, 2018 — Abstract and Supplemental Registration submission deadline.
- Abstracts are to be
(You must be logged in on the website in order for this process to work properly.)
You should submit the *text* of your abstract in the online form. No other format is accepted.
Abstracts are manually reviewed before they are posted on the site, so be sure you make allowance for that delay.
Abstracts submitted earlier in the process can be revised until this date.
- Friday, March 9 – Saturday, March 10, 2018 — Exhibition Phase of the Fair and Final Judging.
- The Fair will be held at Rutgers University, New Brunswick on the College Avenue Campus. More information
can be found on the 2018 Nokia Bell Labs NJRSF information page as it becomes available, such as changes for 2018,
the list of projects, the Fair schedule for the Exhibition Phase, and more.